Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Reading List

Here is the reading list I promised yesterday:
  • The Professor, The banker, and The Suicide King. Ben Franklin is my bookmark for this one. It seemed appropriate. Its a real page turner, so I should be able to put Ben back where he belongs shortly.
  • Harrington on Holdem (both volumes) Still need to find them. They are in here somewhere.
  • The Theory of Poker
  • Supersystem II
  • Weighing the Odds in Hold'em Poker
  • Profiling Poker "Nitwits"
  • Supersystem (again)
  • Card Player
  • 2+2 Forum
  • Card Player Forum
  • Other blogs (of course.)

If you have any comments on my list, or any suggested additions, I would love to hear from you.

Peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Good list. Personally, I really enjoyed Theory of Poker. One of my absolute favorites.

Now, got the goals and the books. I want to read about your progress. What did you play? How did you do?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Weak Player said...

Books purchased. Played NLHE ring games $50 and $100 games, one $200 game. Played a little stud. Played some MTTs. Bubbled a few times. Even with the bubbles, my hourly rate since start date (12/1/5) has been $23.50. I have been keeping careful records. I would like to publish the spreadsheet so that you can see it. Lacking in the HTML department on this. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't expect a post until tomorrow; recovering from surgery.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I suggest Caro's Book of Poker Tells if you play live. Otherwise, seems like you hit all the majors.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Weak Player said...

I have read the Caro book. It was useful to me in terms of things I should not do (i.e. tells.)

I still review it from time to time.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home