Thursday, December 15, 2005

Cock-Blocked

Last night, in the 6:00pm UB 40+4 MTT, I was close to making the money. It would have been the second cash in a row in a MTT for me. In fact, I probably would have made the final table. There were 22 left, 20 pay. I had about 13,500, an above average stack. All I have to do is not screw up and I am in the money.

The blinds are 200 and 400, ante 50. I wake up in mid-postion with AA. I make it 1,800 to go. I get one customer in late postion for a call. He has me covered. The flop comes Td8hQd. I don't like the texture of this flop at all. With the straight draw and the diamond draw, I want to take this down right here. I go all-in. I get called by TT and get sent to the rail in 21st position. Oh well.




3 Comments:

Blogger ChiefBigToke said...

That sucks man. I hate getting that far for nothing. I don't see how you can fold AA just to make the money though. Nothing you could do.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Hey where is the write-up on the Victory? I heard you placed 2nd in a MTT on UB the other day. Congrats!!!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Weak Player said...

See my post, "Ka-ching, the register rings." Didn't want to spend too much time on it while my WPBT trip report was still pending.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home