Sunday, May 25, 2008

Pre-Road Downs

Time has really slipped away from me. I am getting into a groove as far as playing on-line. I have a lot of good structure in place. I cleaned up my office and made a comfortable work place. I have invested time in getting proficient with some tools I need, such as PT3 and FTS. I have gotten into some good habits as far as when I play, when I quit, and looking at my game critically afterwards.

I am now ready to move up the number of tables I play at the same time. I started at two and then quickly jumped to three or four. Now that I feel comfortable with FTS, I am totally ready to play six to nine. Unfortunately, I will not be able to get in enough hands in this new configuration before I leave for Las Vegas. My flight is late Tuesday afternoon, and I haven’t even started to pack yet.

Also, I am not totally prepared emotionally for being gone for that long. Mrs. Weak and Baby Weak are going to come visit me for a few days while I am out there, but it will still be really hard to be away for that long. Thinking of it as a business trip doesn’t help much. On the other hand, I am really looking forward to the WBPT .

On the whole, I am really happy with how things are going. I have seen 22k hands and I am beating 1/2nl for 4.5ptBB/100. I expect things to improve as I continue to improve my game. Of course, I may give up a bit of that when I go from four to six to nine tables. But anything I lose there will be more than made up for in extra hands seen. I have now determined that I need a new CPU and one or two large monitors. That almost makes me want to stay here and play on-line and skip the Vegas thing altogether. Yeah, that is way sick, I know.

But I really want to beat the live games. It has to be part of my balanced approach, at least until I know if I am going to be living within easy access to live poker. I still want to be a successful live mid-stakes NLHE cash game player. But I am starting to see that on-line can be much more profitable. Profit, fun, challenge: It is going to take some work to balance all of those things.

Speaking of fun, here is a shout out to BrainMc. I played in his home game last night. I was not together enough to make it there in time for the tournament. I had been up until 5:00am playing poker and spaced on the time. But when he called me, I packed up my computer and headed over there. I played on-line while I was waiting for people to bust out of the tournament and start the cash game. I got to meet ISS Spock and I dropped the hammer pretty hard on Surflexus . Good times.

I am nervous and excited about my trip and I really need to go get my stuff together for it. And then I will six-table my ass off until it is time to go to the airport. I will be playing one or two hours a day on-line while I am Vegas, mostly for process, not for profit. I will post again after I get there, get my car, pick up my roll at the cage and drop it in a lock box and get back to MiamiDon's house where I will be crashing for the month. Catch you then.

3 Comments:

Blogger jjok said...

I'd say good luck, but that would be dumb.

So instead, have fun.....and win lots of money

8:44 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

pick me some fruit in that grove. gl man should see you in Vegas next month.

10:33 AM  
Blogger BrainMc said...

Thanks again for spending some time with us. It was great to have you over for the evening. I look forward to your future posts about your success.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home