Friday, June 13, 2008

A Really Fun Night

I had one good session and two more bad sessions since I last blogged about playing. I was in the middle of a an unplanned day off when my phone rang. It was Russ Fox, my friend, poker player, and noted poker author. Also, he is my accountant. Check out his mug here. And his poker books here, here, and here.

He was planning to play 1/2 NL at the Venetian. It sounded like the perfect interruption to my unplanned day off. I headed down to the Venetian. Before heading over to the poker room, I placed a few bets at the sports book. I am not a big sports book customer, and I have completely stayed out of the pit so far this trip (more about that in a future post). But, there was some significant value to my bets and I just could not resist. That and I used to be a Celtics fan back in the day. I bet one unit on the money line (+260) and two units on the points (+7.5)

I quickly found Russ in the poker room and I managed to get a seat at his table. One quick seat change and we were able to talk and play. It is good catching up with old friends. It was also good when I picked up aces, limp-re-raised them, and got put all-in by queens. The aces held and I was up $300 and change. On the downside, the Celts were down 24 points. It seemed like I was net even at that point.

Since things were slow and we were hungry, we picked up rather than leaving our chips on the table and had a bite at the Grand Lux cafe. When we were done, we were quickly seated in a different game. The play was lively and loose, but I didn't get many of the donkey dollars. One or two orbits after we re-sat, I noticed that the Celtics had made a huge comeback. After anxiously waiting to play my UTG hand, I got up and watched the rest of the game from the sports book. The Celtics held on to win and both of my tickets cashed.

I went back to the game and played until we were both tired. Russ gave me a ride over to the TI valet. This gave me a chance to see the Palazzo, where Russ had parked. I was interested because I am staying at the Venetian for a few nights later this month when Weak Wife and Weak Baby are going to be in town visiting.

It was a fun and profitable night.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading this post. You indeed have some good writing skills. Would you be interested in having a link exchange? Do let me know. Awaiting your reply.

Grieta.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Weak Player said...

Grieta, thank you for the compliment. However, since your profile is not public, I have no idea what type of blog you have or how I would link to your blog, if I were so inclined.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Phew, I am all caught up on your blog now. Sorry I don't get to see you this summer but I'm sure we'll have another chance. I'll catch you later!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Irongirl01 said...

so glad to see you back blogging...

Sounds like you are having a great working trip!!

Do I resurrect you and put you back in the land of the living?

6:13 PM  
Blogger maybline said...

Enjoyable post!
Even I also enjoyed one night with best poker that was also become memorable because the bluffs I made was caught by my friends

11:49 PM  
Anonymous assignment writing help uk said...

I know what is being played until so tired. thanks for sharing your story, Ive enjoyed reading that.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Michele Brock said...

If you like such games, you can try http://uk.vogueplay.com/. You even don't have to leave your house to earn something.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

оригинальные подарки новорожденным девочкам
angels for mom

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home