Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Crawling From The Wreckage

Okay, here it is: my first official day of unemployment. All missions have been accomplished; the house is totally clean, all my paperwork is done, everything is repaired. It is time to go back to work. Okay, not really. I slept in, played some poker and did a little cleaning.

We had a great weekend in NY. It was cool meeting Garth, Jordan, Dawn and KATM at Sox's home game on Friday. I booked a modest win.

On Saturday, we had a great meal (see Sox's post.) I have two things to add to his description. 1.) The foie gras with eel custard was sublime. 2.) I felt like a juror on the Iron Chef panel, except less whiny. Best.Meal.Ever.

As Sox mentioned, we went off to a seedy card club after dinner. I made a nice chunk of change there. It was good to play live against a bunch of maniac donkeys (as opposed to maniac bloggers.) I am looking forward to playing live more often, now that I have time to find a game. The underground scene just doesn't seem to be happening here in Atlanta.

On Sunday we went to Dawn's home game (thanks for hosting, Dawn.) F-Train showed up later on. While no one likes watching a junk-kicking, it was good to see him again. I suffered a minor loss which offset the modest win from the Friday game (ignoring Weak Wife's losses.)

We went home on Monday. I stayed up late and slept late. That brings us back to today. I intend to get my poker world in order slowly, just like I am getting my house in order slowly. I need to map out my poker course, do some book keeping, fix my blog roll, respond to people who have been commenting here (in general, thanks y'all for the kind words.) It will take time.

Fortunately I have time.

3 Comments:

Blogger SoxLover said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

(I couldn't disappoint you!)

3:43 PM  
Blogger GaryC said...

What's that? Two posts in one month? Wow, shall we go for three, you still have a day left, you know?

Good to see you posting, keep it up.

G

3:56 PM  
Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Looks like he didn't make that 3rd post. But he needs to take it slow. He has all of June to get three posts in. That should be gradual enough. Glad you're doing well, Weak!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home